Friday, January 6, 2012

Lit Motors' C-1


I love riding in general. But I admitted that sometime it is a bitch to gear up accordingly especially in Winter. Lit motors' electric bike, C-1 has fully enclosed cockpit for the rider. Well, that is not very special. The very special about this bike is that it has electronically-controlled gyroscopic stabilizing system to stay upright when stopped, or even when struck from the side in an accident.


According to the founder of Daniel Kim, the vehicle will incorporate electric hub motors in both wheels, at least one of those motors being a high-performance Remy HVH unit. The top speed should be at least 120 mph (193 km/h), with driving range for the higher-end model expected to sit at around 150 to 220 miles (241 to 354 km) per charge, depending on the exact size of the battery. Pretty respectable. However watching the video, it doesn't seem to have enough space for battery to move forward at this point; it is filled with battery that operating the gyroscopic stabilizing system. Lit Motors is hoping to get the vehicle manufactured in 2014, estimated price tag of $16,000. It is neat and I love it, but I have a feeling that I might not be able to see it operated in public. I hope I am wrong, though.


For more info on C-1, visit Gizmag

No comments:

Post a Comment